The Acre occupies premises in the heart of Windsor town centre.
We have live bands on Saturdays,
with an everchanging selection of well kept real ales at very competitive prices.
are just some of them........
We are also in The CAMRA Good Beer Guide, come in and find out how good the beers really are!
All this with home cooked Sunday lunches from 13.00 - 16.00
Lunchtime Menu is now available Tue - Fri 12.30 - 14.30 and Sat 12.30 - 17.00
We are open Monday to Thursday 11.00 - 23.00
Friday & Saturday 11.00 - Midnight
Sunday 12.00 - 22.30
Soup of the Day - £3.50 served with bread or a roll.
Sandwiches - £3.50Made with white or brown bread and served with a healthy salad garnish. Fillings: Sausage & Onion, Tuna Mayo, Carved Ham, Cheese & Pickle, Ham Salad, Cheese Salad, Bacon or Prawn Mayo (50p extra).
Toasted Ciabatta Panini - £5.00 Ham & Cheese, Cheese & Tomato, Tuna Melt, Brie & Bacon, Stilton & Bacon, Cheddar & Bacon. Served with a healthy salad garnish.
Ploughman’s Lunch - £5.50 Choose from Carved Ham or Cheddar or Stilton or Brie, served with crusty bread, salad and pickles. Add 75p for extra items.
Deep-Fried Breaded Whitebait - £5.50 served with salad, bread & butter and garlic mayonnaise.
Combo Platter to Share - £10.50 Spicy chicken wings, breaded mushrooms, onion rings, chunky chips, samosas, spring rolls, sweet chilli dip and garlic mayo dip.
Homemade Chilli - £5.50 Served with Rice & Nachos or Baked Potato & Salad garnish.
Extras: Chunky Chips - £1.50, Cheesy Chips - £2.50, Garlic Chips - £2.00, Side Salad - £2.00,
Garlic Mushrooms - £1.50, Bread & Butter - £1.00, Onion Rings - £1.50, Garlic Bread - £2.00,
PLEASE SEE NOTICEBOARD FOR SPECIALS OF THE DAY
ORDER AND PAY AT THE BAR
We can supply bespoke buffet food please ask at the bar for details.
|Sat 9 May||Solace|
|Sat 16 May||NRG|
|Sat 23 May||The Bullfrog Band|
|Sat 30 May||The Dont Look Now Band|
|Sun 31 May||Damian Delahunty at 18.30|
|Sat 6 June||The Jukesters|
|Sat 13 June||Grapevine Blues|
|Sat 20 June||Brock & The Badgers|
|Sat 27 June||The Lee Ryder Band|
|Sun 28 June||Paul French at 18.30|
|Sat 4 July||Custard Cream|
|Sat 11 July||Chris Baker|
|Sat 18 July||Phil Astles Band|
|Sat 25 July||The Bullfrog Band|
Don’t forget we have two screens to show all the live sports where possible in wonderful Sky Sports HD and ESPN HD.
Food Served Tue - Fri
12.30 - 14.30 and Sat 12.30 - 17.00
Food Served Tue - Fri 12.30 - 14.30 and Sat 12.30 - 17.00
|Tue 5 May||19.45||Juventus||v||Real Madrid||ITV|
|Wed 6 May||19.45||Barcelona||v||Bayern Munich||SS1|
|Thu 7 May||19.45||League 1||Playoffs||SS1|
|Fri 8 May||19.45||League 1||Playoffs||SS1|
|Sat 9 May||12.15||Ipswich||v||Norwich||SS1|
|17.30||Crystal Palace||v||Man United||SS1|
|Sun 10 May||12.15||League 1||Playoff||SS1|
Keep an eye on the blackboard and website for further televised fixtures.
Free Wi Fi – Password is MEL230651
The Function Room, with bar is available for hourly, daily, weekly, monthly hire at very reasonable rates.
Ideal for Sport (Aerobic etc.) Classes, Theatre Groups, Meetings etc.
The main function room can easily hold 100 people and also has a fully stocked bar with draught beers.
The small function room is ideal for small meetings and can sit about 20 people comfortably, it can also be used for Birthday Parties, Family Functions etc.
Catering can be provided for by our resident Chef (there are some sample menus on the Menu page).
Tea, Coffee and soft drinks can be provided.
THE ACRE incorporating WINDSOR & DISTRICT LIBERAL CLUB
1. The Club shall be called "The Acre", incorporating the Windsor and District Liberal Club, and the registered address shall be Donnelly House, Victoria Street, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 1EN (or such other address as the Trustees shall determine from time to time).
USE OF NAME
2. The name shall be mentioned in legible characters in all notices, advertisements and official publications, endorsements, cheques or orders for money or goods purporting to be signed by or on behalf of the Club, and on all receipts, and shall be appropriately represented on the outside of every office or place of business of the Club.
OBJECTS OF THE CLUB
3. The objects of the Club are:
a) To carry on the business of a political and social club by providing for the use of its members the means of political and social discussion, mutual helpfulness, mental and moral improvement, rational recreation and other advantages of a club.
b) The promotion and adoption of Liberal Democrat principles.
The securing and return of a Liberal Democrat Member of
d) The securing and return of Liberal Democrat Councillors for the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.
e) To conduct and maintain a Club for the use primarily of persons holding Liberal Democrat opinions and to provide access for approved members of the public.
No part of the Club premises shall be used for any purpose which, in the opinion of the Committee, would be contrary to the objects for which the Club has been established.
4. The Club shall consist of:
i) Founder Members
ii) Full Members
iii) Life Members elected by the Committee in recognition of their service to the Former Liberal Party, the Liberal Democrats or to the Liberal Club movement or its successors, who shall be free from the necessity of paying the annual subscription but who shall retain their membership status.
5. In these rules, use of pronouns of the masculine gender shall apply to either gender.
ADMISSION OF MEMBERS
6. a) Founder Members
Founder members shall be fully paid up members of the former Windsor & District Liberal Club who were fully paid up members of the former Club on the twenty-sixth day of February 1985.
b) Full Members
No person under the age of 18 years shall be eligible for membership of the Club. Any candidate for membership must complete and sign a nomination form, as described by the Committee, containing his name, address, and such other information as shall from time to time be required.
Such nominations may be considered by the Committee of the Club but will normally be approved by the Steward.
The Committee of the Club may require a candidate to appear before it to answer any questions concerning his application for membership and may, at its discretion, accept, refuse or adjourn such application for further enquiry. In the event that a vote is required in respect of any application for membership, it shall be by ballot and shall require a majority of two thirds of the Committee to be present and a majority of two thirds of the Committee present to vote in favour of accepting the candidate's application for membership.
The Committee shall be under no obligation to state its reasons for rejecting an application for membership.
Every member shall be entitled to a copy of the Club rules.
7. a) All members shall pay subscriptions of such sums as the Committee
may, from time to time, determine.
b) Membership fees are due for renewal on the 1st day of January and the subscription year shall end on the 31st day of December. The membership of any member who has not paid the subscription four weeks after it has become due shall be deemed to have lapsed and that person shall automatically without notice and without any discretion being afforded to the Committee be considered to be an ordinary member of the public and no longer a member of the Club.
c) The Committee shall keep a register of the names and addresses of current members of the Club upon the Club premises. The Committee shall as soon as reasonably practicable remove the names of those persons who cease to be members of the Club from the register.
TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
8. If at a meeting of the Committee two thirds of its members are present and at that meeting the Committee is satisfied by a two thirds majority vote of those present that any member has:
a) worked against the Liberal Democrats;
b) attempted to work against the Liberal Democrats;
c) threatened to work against the Liberal Democrats;
d) used his influence against the Liberal Democrats or
e) been guilty of any conduct which, in the Committee's opinion, is contrary to
the Rules and Regulations of the Club, or prejudicial to the objects or well-
being of the Club,
the Committee may with immediate effect:
f) expel such member from the Club; or
g) suspend such member from the Club for such time and upon such
conditions as it thinks fit.
PROVIDED ALWAYS any decision to expel or suspend a member shall be at the absolute discretion of the Committee which shall not be required to give any reasons for its decision.
READMISSION OF FORMER MEMBERS
9. Any person who has resigned his membership may be readmitted at the discretion of the Committee on payment of the current year's subscription. Any person whose membership has been terminated under Rule 7(b) or Rule 8 must submit his nomination for re-election under the provisions of Rule 6.
10. a) The management of the Club shall be vested in the committee of
Founder and Full Members, to be called the Committee of
Management and herein referred to as "the Committee".
b) The Committee shall consist of the following, all of whom shall have
equal voting rights.
i) Two Trustees of the Club.
ii) Two members of the Liberal Democrats, one to be nominated by the Windsor Constituency Executive and one by the Maidenhead Constituency Executive.
iii) The Chairman of the Local Constituency Liberal Democrats.
iv) Ten members (including an appointed Secretary and an appointed Treasurer) who shall be elected by the Club annually at the Club's AGM. The Secretary and the Treasurer will be members of the Liberal Democrats except when appointed on a temporary basis.
c) The officers and all elected Committee Members shall be
elected at the AGM of the Club except:
i) The Windsor Constituency Liberal Democrats and the Maidenhead Constituency Liberal Democrats shall each table at the AGM the names of one of their members to serve on the Management Committee.
ii) The two Trustee representatives who shall be appointed by the Trustees annually.
iii) The Chairman of the Constituency as aforesaid.
d) The Committee shall elect its own Chairman annually.
e) Eight members of the Committee shall form a Quorum, save as stated elsewhere within these rules.
DUTIES AND POWERS OF THE COMMITTEE
11. a) The Committee shall have full power and absolute discretion to
conduct the affairs of the Club in conformity with the rules, in particular, to elect and expel members or refuse membership, to engage or dismiss employees and to create new, issue and enforce such rules and by-laws as may be required to carry out the objects of the Club or in the interest of good club management.
b) The Committee shall meet as often as it decides is required.
Special committee meetings may be called by the Chairman of the Committee for any special purpose, which purpose alone shall be discussed at such meetings.
c) Save as set out elsewhere within these rules, a majority of votes shall decide all questions duly brought before the Committee and the Chairman having a casting vote in addition to his vote as a member of the Committee. If any member of the Committee dies, vacates office or abstains from attending two successive meetings of the Committee without reasonable excuse, at the absolute discretion of the Committee the Committee shall declare a vacancy and fill it by co-option.
d) The Committee may from time to time appoint amongst their number such sub-committees as they may deem necessary or expedient and may depute or refer to them such of the powers and duties of the Committee as the Committee may determine. All sub-committees shall periodically report their proceedings to the Committee and shall conduct business in accordance with the directions of the Committee.
e) The Committee may from time to time make, repeal and/or amend all such regulations (provided always they shall not be inconsistent with these rules) as it shall think expedient for the proper and fair management of the Club.
DUTIES OF THE SECRETARY
12. The Secretary, or in emergency at his request, any other
member of the Committee, shall as required by the Chairman convene and attend all meetings of the Club, or of the Committee and if required, any sub-committee and take minutes of the proceedings. He shall supply any person on request with copies of the rules. He shall, in addition, take any lawful action requested by the Committee.
DUTIES OF THE TREASURER
13. The Treasurer shall receive such monies belonging to the Club and shall keep such books and pay such accounts as the Committee shall direct.
He shall, when required to do so, render to the Committee or Trustees, or a Special General Meeting, an account of all the monies received and paid by him on account of the Club. He shall prepare annual accounts for presentation to the AGM, such accounts to be for the year ended 31st October.
A copy of the accounts, with the report of the auditor, shall be posted in the Club premises at least 2 days before the AGM. All surplus funds not required for the day to day running of the Club shall be handed to the Trustees.
14. The books of the Club shall be kept annually by the accountants appointed at the AGM.
TRUSTEES FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND INVESTMENT OF SURPLUS
15. a) The Trustees shall, in accordance with the Trusts governing the Club,
stand possessed of the money which from time to time shall be received on any mortgage sale or exchange or for or in respect of the rents and profits of the Club premises upon trust to lay out and apply the same either in the purchase of other property to be held for the same trusts or in any repair or improvement of the Club property or for promoting the objects of the said Club or discharging its debts.
b) To assist in the practical application of such trusts, all Club accounts and investments shall be held in the name of the Trustees but they may authorise the current or other similar bank accounts of the Club to be operated by the Treasurer and/or Steward and/or such other officer of the Club as they may from time to time determine either alone or jointly with the Trustees or any of them.
c) All details relating to such accounts shall be rendered to the Treasurer and/or the Club's appointed accountants, from time to time, in good time to facilitate the drawing up of annual accounts as specified in Rule 13.
16. With the prior written consent of all of the Trustees, (which written consent shall specify against which Club assets such borrowing may be obtained, the
terms of such borrowing that are acceptable and which written consent shall remain in force only for a strict period of three months, time being of the essence), the Committee shall have full power to borrow on behalf of the Club.
HOURS OF OPENING AND CLOSING
17. The Club premises shall be open according to the hours laid down in the Club's licence, from time to time.
AMENDMENT TO RULES
18. a) The rules (with the exception of Rule 25) shall not be amended, altered, added to or rescinded except by resolution carried by a majority of at least:
i) Two-thirds of the members present and entitled to vote at a
special general meeting of the Club specifically called for that purpose ("the Rule Change Special General Meeting"), twenty-one days notice of the proposed alteration having been given to such members prior to the Rule Change Special General Meeting, and with
ii) The prior written consent of the Trustees and the executive committee of Windsor Liberal Democrats and the Club executive.
PROVIDED ALWAYS Rule 25 shall not be amended, added to or rescinded at the Rule Change Special General Meeting (or any AGM or
Special General Meeting) and Rule 25 shall only be amended, added or rescinded by a separate resolution to be determined: (iii) by the Trustees unanimously; and (iv) Club members on at least twenty-one days prior written notice by a Club members postal ballot, such Club members resolution to only be carried if approved by a majority of at least 60% of the total membership of the Club ("total membership" means all Founder Members and all Full Members of the Club as contained in the Club's written membership register at the time of written notice of such postal ballot).
b) A copy of the proposed alteration shall be prominently displayed in the Club twenty-one days before the Rule Change Special General Meeting.
DAMAGE TO CLUB PROPERTY
19. If any person wilfully or otherwise damages the property of the Club, he shall be held responsible for the same and make such proper reparation as the Committee shall decide.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
20. a) An Annual General Meeting of the Club ("AGM") shall be held not later
than 31st March in every year and shall be held at least once every fifteen months. At the AGM the following business shall be conducted:
i) The presentation and (if accepted) the passing of annual accounts for the previous financial year ending on the 31st December prior to the meeting, which accounts shall first have been prepared by the Club's appointed accountants.
ii) The presentation of the Annual Report of the Committee Chairman.
iii) The election and appointment of Club Officers, Club President (in accordance with Rule 24) and Committee members.
iv) The appointment of the Club's accountant.
v) Such other business as shall have been communicated to the Secretary in writing and included in the notice of the meeting.
b) At least 21 days notice of the meeting (with an Agenda of Business) shall be posted in the Club and to all members.
c) The AGM shall not have an 'any other business' item on the Agenda of Business.
d) An AGM may proceed to business if 60% of those present agree it should proceed, otherwise the meeting shall stand adjourned to the fourth week anniversary following (being 28 days later) at the same time and place previously proposed and the meeting so adjourned may proceed to business whatever be the number of members present and such meeting shall become quorate after the Chair has been taken.
SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING
21. a. A Special General Meeting may be convened by the Committee at any time and shall be convened by the Secretary on request of the Trustees or Chair for the time being, or upon written request from not less than thirty members or twenty per cent of the total membership entitled to vote, (whichever be the lesser). If the Secretary fails to convene a Special General Meeting when requested to do so, as above mentioned, then the Chair or the requisitioner may themselves convene such a meeting. Every Special General Meeting shall be convened by notice specifying the purpose thereof exhibited in the Club premises and by post to the Chair twenty-one clear days before the date fixed for such a meeting.
b. if convened on the requisition of the members, a Special General Meeting shall proceed to business only if thirty members or twenty
percent of the total membership entitled to vote, (whichever is the lesser), are present, otherwise the meeting if shall be dissolved. If convened otherwise, then Rule 20(d) shall apply.
22. At all meetings of the Management Committee each member elected in accordance with Rule 10(b) shall have one vote and the Chair shall have a casting vote in addition to his vote as a member.
23. The Chair of the Committee shall preside at all meetings of the Club but if he is not present within fifteen minutes after the time appointed for the meeting, or had signified his inability to be present at the meeting, the members present and entitled to vote shall choose one of their number to be the Chair of the Meeting by a show of hands.
24. The Club may have a President who shall be elected annually by vote by a show of hands at the elections held at the Club AGM and the President shall remain in office until the election of a replacement President is approved by a Club AGM.
25. Any resolution for the winding up or dissolution of the Club shall be passed by (a) a unanimous decision of the Trustees; and (b) an affirmative vote of 60% of the total membership who are entitled to vote ("total membership" means all Founder Members and all Full Members of the Club as contained in the Club's written membership register at the time of such vote).
26. In any case of doubt, the interpretation of these rules or any part thereof rests entirely on the majority decision of the Club's Committee.
27. These rules are subject to the Club's by-laws and regulations which are in force from time to time.
THE ACRE incorporating WINDSOR & DISTRICT LIBERAL CLUB
1. Under no circumstances is the Manager to supply intoxicating drinks to persons the worse for drink.
2. Any Member lending his membership card to a non-member for the purpose of purchasing alcohol shall be reported to the Committee.
3. No person may remove from the Club building any property belonging to the Club, without permission of the Committee of Management or the Steward.
4. No notice or advertisement shall be posted or distributed in the Club without the permission of the Committee or Secretary.
5. Members purchasing alcohol shall present their membership card to the Manager if required to do so. All purchases must be paid for at the time of ordering. Credit is not allowed.
6. Members shall produce their membership card if required to do so by any member of the Committee, Secretary, Steward (or his agent) if there is any doubt as to their being members.
7. On receiving their membership card, each member shall be entitled to have a copy of the rules.
8. Any member breaking any of the rules or by-laws shall be liable to expulsion.
9. The permission of the Committee must be obtained prior to any undertaking that is under the name and sanction of the Club and a a balance sheet of the same submitted to the Committee.
10. Dogs are not allowed on the premises, except guide dogs for the blind and other trained assistance dogs.
11. Dress shall be smart or smart casual. No person shall be admitted wearing overalls or similar dress. The Steward's and/or the Committee's decision will be final.
12. No gambling, other than that provided by the Club, drunkenness, bad language or disorderly conduct shall be permitted on the Club premises. Any infringement of this rule will render the member offending liable to expulsion from the Club. It shall be the duty of any Officer or Member of the Club to take every available means for putting a stop to the offences in question and to
report them forthwith to the Committee through the Secretary.
13. All members are required to pay every expense they incur in the Club before they leave the building.
14. All complaints or suggestions must be made in writing and signed by the person making the complaint or suggestion and placed with the Secretary or Manager. Anonymous communications will not be recognised.
15. Any person damaging the furniture or other property of the Club shall make good the same to the satisfaction of the Committee.
16. No person shall, on any pretext, take away, injure or destroy any newspaper, pamphlet, book or other article being the property of the Club.
17. Children at all times should behave in a responsible manner and this is held to be the responsibility of their parents or guardians.
18. Children aged 12 and under should not be in the bar after 6.00 pm without the express permission of the Steward.
19. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times when on the Club premises.
20. No member or his guests are permitted to hire entertainers of any sort at any time, whether for a Club event associated with the Club, or a private event within the Club, without the prior written agreement of the Steward or the Management Committee.
21. These by-laws shall not be altered without the sanction of the Committee, but the Committee may make new by-laws at any time.
22. A copy of the Rules and By-Laws shall be exhibited in a prominent position in the Club at all times.
Final draft agreed by the Management Committee: 4th October 2013